Friday, July 17, 2009

Howl, McNaughton hill repeats and other stuff.

The Howl at the Moon is in a few weeks, before that I have the "Sunburn 6 in the Stix". Since both of those long distance events are in the heat of August I have been TRYING to do some heat training....running in the hottest part of the day...this has not been easy...since it's not been hot. Sure yesterday I did a grueling 8 miles in the sun and 86 degree heat after hill repeats at McNaughton the evening before....but I don't know. I know it will be 104 degrees and hot both runs. So like Dad said....."Go Punt".....meaning....Just Do It. Ok, to be prepared is the best I can do I think.

Today I went to water aerobics across the street, it's my recovery day for my faster miles tomorrow, then Sunday the ABC run....Steve really wants to go to that...mostly for food I think. Should be fun to see some LRC'ers I don't see very often. The ABC runs are for a good cause as well.

Still keeping up with abs, it's arms again today...this time at home with my weights.

Hill repeats at McNaughton were fun the other night...Mike Siltman met Steve and I for them. Mike had just done the Leadville marathon and climbed up Mt. Elbert the next day with his Ironwoman wife Tonya. Those two are good role models for training......and they are fun people. Anyway, I was huffing and puffing the first repeat so when Steve stopped to refill his bottle I told the guys I would go on ahead as I knew they would catch me....well, Mike must have been tired, because I ran like HELL to keep ahead of them....and sucessfully did! When they caught me at the end, they were huffing and puffing.... WOO HOO...that won't happen again....

Off to get stuff done, Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment