
Today Steve and I went for a bike ride and I rediscovered an old area of grassy trail I can do repeats on...its flat, a half of a mile long and perfect to run or ride my bike to for some repeats.
Hill repeats will be at McNaughty so far, till I get bored with it or the drive there.
I like the Buffalo Trace trail in Mahomet too, nice flat trail with a couple of rollers, but it's nothing for hill training. I can't do the stairmaster too much as it makes my knees "creaky" and weak feeling...so that will be done minimally....no more 10 milers on the stairmaster I guess. So it's looking like the McNaughty thing or in a pinch the grassy hill at Jersey Ave.
I plan to do some hills during the week and then also some trail runs at Evergreen, I was there with Miss Sophie (see picture) today and ran some rolling hills with her....fun...I love to run with my dog....wish I could just drop and roll like that too....the stinkier the stuff to roll in the better...wish life were that simple for people....I think that animals that are taken care of and loved now were once really good people who are now being rewarded for thier past good deeds, and Miss Sophie must have been someone REAL special.
Anyway....back to training--more trails, twisted my ankle today, so now I have to get the wobble board out and be faithful to it as well as abs and arms....I will post more on that....but it's time to put in the pizza and I am hungry.....My little blog is getting more 'donna-ish" I think too....stay posted....more to come....

No comments:
Post a Comment